TUITION AND CANCELLATION POLICY
Voce Studio, Deanna Delore, Vocal Instructor
Memberships and Affiliations
Certified IVA Voice Instructor, Level 3
STUDIO POLICY AND AGREEMENT
This STUDIO AND POLICY AGREEMENT is made and entered into this day of ______________________________, by and between Voce Studio and _________________________________ [name of parent if student is a minor, are of student if adult].
Lessons. This studio policy and Agreement is a legal contract between Studio and Student for private, individual vocal lessons provided by Studio to Student. Student agrees to enroll with Studio for such lessons and abide by the provisions of the Studio Policy as a condition to Studio providing voice lessons to Student. Lessons take place at Voce Studio September through August, unless otherwise arranged.
2. Lesson Schedule. Enrollment is for the entire year. Private, individualized lessons are conducted on a weekly basis for either 30 or 60 minutes, depending on the assessed level and development of the Student. The length of the lesson remains the same, regardless of tardy by Student. The lesson will automatically be canceled after 15 minutes if the Student is a no-show. Lessons longer than 60 minutes can be arranged in certain circumstances, such as preparation for performances. Each student is designated a specific, ongoing weekly day and time for lessons which has been reserved exclusively for Student, which generally precludes Studio from accepting other teaching or performing opportunities during that time. Therefore, Students are expected to attend all scheduled lessons, unless otherwise arranged in advance with the Studio.
3. Cancelled Lessons. Lessons canceled or missed by Student will not be refunded, or provided with a make up lesson, whether such cancellation was anticipated or unanticipated. However, in the event of an anticipated cancellation, Student will provide at least 48 hours advanced notice so that the studio can attempt to reschedule the Student’s lesson or use the space for other Studio business. For anticipated cancellations, Studio does not provide a make up lesson to Student, but upon request, Studio may offer a rescheduled time in the same week upon instructor’s availability. For unanticipated cancelation with less than 24 hour notice due to sickness, Student will be offered a Skype lesson in the scheduled time. If Student does not accept the Skype lesson and has canceled in less than 24 hours, the tuition will be forfeited. Lessons cancelled by the Teacher for any reason other than scheduled Studio closures or holidays, will be provided a make-up lesson, but will not be refunded or credited.
Lessons canceled by the teacher will be rescheduled.
4. Studio Closures. Lessons are provided throughout the entire calendar year, except for during Studio Closures. The Studio will be closed for one week for Thanksgiving Break, four weeks for Winter Break, one week for Spring Break and three weeks for Summer Break (TBA). Additional Studio Closures may occur. Studio will notify Student of any extra closure. Tuition is not charged for lessons that are not taken due to Studio Closures.
5. Workshops; Group Lessons. The Studio may periodically provide workshops, master classes, or group lessons. The Studio will provide separate registration forms for these activities, which are charged separately from the tuition for private lessons.
6. Tuition. Tuition is non-refundable and is due by the first day of the month. Tuition received after the first day of the month will be considered late and will incur a $20 late fee per week. Tuition may be paid by an individual drop in rate, monthly, or by the lesson bundle of 10. A $30 fee will be charged for checks rejected for non-sufficient funds.
* If student is NOT a weekly student but rather a “drop in” student that is bi weekly or bi monthly, two payments will be due on the first lesson so that the next lesson is pre paid. In the event of late cancelation or no show, that payment will be forfeited.
7. Annual Tuition Increase. Tuition may increase on the first day of each year.
8. Payment. Tuition may be personally delivered to the Studio or mailed by the first lesson of the month. Acceptable methods of payment are by personal check, cash, or cash equivalent app (Zelle, Venmo, Paypal). During August 2020, cash is accepted only due to studio relocation.
9. Termination of Lessons. Lessons are continuous and ongoing, effective as of the date of this Studio Policy and Agreement written above. Student may terminate lessons for any reason. To terminate lessons, Student must provide at least one month’s advance written notice to Studio, during which month the tuition has been paid in full. If Student does not provide one month’s advance written notice, the Studio shall charge Student and Student shall be liable for, one month’s tuition in full, even if no lessons are provided during that month. Studio may also terminate lessons for any reason, at the sole discretion of Studio. If Studio terminates lessons, tuition will be pro-rated up to the last lesson taken and a refund provided, if applicable.
10. Studio Expectations. Students are expected to:
Treat the Studio teacher, Studio personnel, other students, and Studio property respectfully
Bring required lesson materials ( music, lyrics, repertoire book, etc) to each lesson
Complete practice assignments
The Studio will provide Student with verbal or written warnings of breaches in Studio Expectations, and Student has the opportunity to correct or rectify such breaches. Repeated or frequent breaches may result in termination of lessons. Minimum Amount of Practice Time Required Each Week (at Least Five Days Each Week):
Beginning and intermediate students who are brand new to IVA technique should be practicing the method scales 15-20 min a day, focused practice. This is retraining proper muscle usage and it is imperative that scales are done often and correctly for new muscle memory to form. Intermediate students have the same requirements as above, but may involve some other assigned practicing in specific areas as needed. Assigned songs may be practiced as often as you choose, but focused practice with attention to detail is encouraged rather than singing from start to finish with no technical application.
11. Parents or Siblings at Lessons. Parents are welcome to attend and quietly observe the lesson in the waiting area provided by Studio. However, if a parent’s presence is disruptive to the concentration and efforts of Student, the parent may be asked to kindly wait outside until the end of the lesson. Due to physical space limitations and to ensure a focused environment for the Student, non-student siblings, grandparents, caregivers, and other persons cannot stay during the lesson. Siblings who are students and are awaiting or finished their own lesson may stay during their sibling’s lesson.
12. Waiver of Liability; Indemnification. PARENT AND STUDENT HEREBY WAIVES, RELEASES, DISCHARGES, AND COVENANTS NOT TO SUE STUDIO, ITS OWNERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF, OR RELATED TO, STUDENT’S PARTICIPATION IN STUDIO ON-SITE OR OFF-SITE LESSONS, EVENTS, OR ACTIVITIES, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT OR TORT. PARENT AND STUDENT AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASEES FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, ATTORNEY’S FEES, COSTS, LIABILITIES, OR DAMAGES AGAINST STUDIO ARISING OUT OF STUDENT’S PARTICIPATION IN STUDIO PROGRAMS.
13. Media Consent. Parent and/or Student hereby consents to and authorizes the Studio to capture and use video-audio recordings and photographic images of Student and Student’s musical performances and quoted statements in print, electronic, or online media, for educational and Studio promotional purposes only, without any compensation to Parent or Student. Parent and/or Student agrees to waive and release any and all claims Parent may have against Studio relating to the use of these recordings, images, or statements. This Consent is binding upon all heirs and future legal representatives.
14. Dispute Resolution. In the event of any dispute, claim, or disagreement arising from this Studio Policy and Agreement, the parties shall use their best efforts to settle the Dispute. To this effect, the parties shall consult and negotiate with each other in good faith, and recognizing their mutual interests, attempt to reach a just and equitable solution satisfactory to both parties. If the parties do not reach such solution within a period of sixty (60) days, then upon notice by either party to the other, all Disputes shall be finally settled by arbitration.
15. Severability. If any term or provision of this Studio Policy and Agreement is illegal or invalid for any reason, such provision is severable from the rest and shall not affect the legality or validity of the remainder of this Studio Policy and Agreement.
THE UNDERSIGNED HAS READ THIS STUDIO POLICY AND AGREEMENT, AND FULLY UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES WITH ITS TERMS, CONDITIONS, AND PROVISIONS.
(Parent’s name if Student is a minor):